These household favorites can easily be made at home! I happen to live fig newtons so these do not always last LNG at my house. They require only 5 ingredients, are gluten free, no bake, paleo, and vegan!
The 5 ingredients
1. Dried figs (3 cups) I used fresh figs and dehydrated them.
2. 1/4 cup of flax seed meal (available at any grocery store)
3. 1/2 tsp of salt
4. 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
5. 1 cup of walnut or pecan halves
This makes about 12-20 balls depending on the size.
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Scoop the ingredients out with your hands or a spoon. Form the mixture into balls using your hands. The heat from your hands will release the natural oils from the nuts, helping to bind the ingredients together.
3. Enjoy at room temp or they can be refrigerated.