Today just so happens to be National Lipstick Day! I thought my love of lipstick could not get stronger than it was as a child playing with grown-up makeup, but I was wrong! There are endless colors these days, and I absolutely love that any color is socially acceptable now! Don’t be afraid to be bold with your pout! Lipstick can affect how you feel just as much as other beauty supplies. Boost your morale and put some color on that pucker of yours! My current favs include Rimmel Moisture Renew Coral Spark, Revlon Matte Really Red, and Stila Fiore. Stila is a little pricier, stays on literally the whole day, and yes, I really mean literally.
Wanna read some pretty neat facts about lipstick? Here are 9 provided by Huffington Post. Enjoy!
These household favorites can easily be made at home! I happen to live fig newtons so these do not always last LNG at my house. They require only 5 ingredients, are gluten free, no bake, paleo, and vegan!
The 5 ingredients
1. Dried figs (3 cups) I used fresh figs and dehydrated them.
2. 1/4 cup of flax seed meal (available at any grocery store)
3. 1/2 tsp of salt
4. 1 tbsp of pure vanilla extract
5. 1 cup of walnut or pecan halves
This makes about 12-20 balls depending on the size.
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
2. Scoop the ingredients out with your hands or a spoon. Form the mixture into balls using your hands. The heat from your hands will release the natural oils from the nuts, helping to bind the ingredients together.
3. Enjoy at room temp or they can be refrigerated.
The end of Summer is quickly approaching. You have a few more weeks to get in some last minute Summer activities. If you’re looking for some ideas to keep yourself entertained for the remaining weeks, here are some of my favorite ones!
So, live it up and enjoy the rest of your Summer!